Vision: Creating everyday interactions with robots for work and home.
Mission: In the CARIS lab we pursue world class robotics research which is: Collaborative – we develop robots that help people and we work together to pursue that goal. Our collaborations span engineering, computer science, psychology and social sciences, physiology and the healthcare professions. Experimental – we are a “hands on” robotics lab that designs hardware and programs systems that advances the science of human robot interaction. Our projects span areas ranging from industrial, healthcare and consumer focused robotics
- Our strong values for collaboration and resource sharing translates to our work on robotic systems that collaborate with people.
- We take a team approach to design, problem solving and implementation.
- We take personal responsibility and pride in our work and expect professional conduct from all our members.
- Our members take leadership in all aspects of research, and we value networking and professional development.
- We place a strong emphasis on experimentation with real robotic systems and realistic user validation.
- We promote a supportive, friendly and positive atmosphere that combines hard work, fun and a passion for robotics.
Tag Line: Robots that work… with people